Sunday, July 5, 2015
So this July I want to change something in my life. I guess you can say that I am now realizing that I do not want to be that girl anymore who always locks herself in her room and not do anything to make her life better. I am done with pleasing other people which makes me forget about myself. I am through with putting other people first more than myself. In the past few years I have ignored myself. My body. My health. My spirituality. My belief and values. So this month, I have decided to start something that I have been wanting to do for the longest time.
I want to regain my self-esteem and confidence again by having a healthy lifestyle. And my starting point would be getting fit again. How would I do that? I took simple steps. And bit by bit I found myself having to move my body and workout.
1. Gym or workout clothes - A couple of months ago, I decided to buy 3 jogging pants, 3 workout shirts and 2 sports bra. I was thinking back then that maybe I need the right clothes for me to be motivated to workout. Sadly, it took me awhile to wear them because I was not able to enroll in a gym because my work schedule got really busy. But I am glad that I bought them in advance because they are my favorite thing to wear now. I guess what? I will buy more! Specially sports bra and yoga pants.
2. Running shoes/new kicks! - I just recently purchased a pair of black running shoe. OMG! I am in love with it! They are so comfortable and it goes really well with the workout clothes that I bought. Its from Reebok and very cheap I must say. I saw Khloe Kardashian wearing an all black running shoe on a picture one day, and it made me want to own one as well. So, when I was really decided to buy a running shoe, I saw it and my friends love it as well so I decided to buy those gorgeous pair!
3. Fitness journal/log - I want to have a journal where I can track down my meals and my progress when I workout. Thankfully, I have a planner that is perfect to use as a fitness/health journal. I am using the #BeTheBestYou Planner because on each month it has an area for goal setting, mini journal and the best part, there is a page where in there is an illustration of a girl which I can use to track my measurements. How cool is that right?
4. Smoothies and juices - since I am in a health kick this month, I want to start my diet in the right way as well. I want to fuel my body with fruits and veggies from now on. But since I am no cook, and there's no way that I can experiment with different recipes, I am so glad that we have this old book full of different recipes for juicing and creating smoothies that are easy to follow! So perfect!
5. Dance Studio - Lastly, just last week, I decided to enroll in a dance class. I guess heavy equipments are not my thing. And I think that is the reason why I keep on holding back on going to the gym. My first love is dancing. And it has been my workout ever since I was a kid. I am so happy that I found a dance studio that is near from where I live. It teaches Pilates, Belly Dancing, Hiphop and Zumba. I love that I can sweat while having fun doing their dance workout.
Like I mentioned, I took tiny steps in order to start something that I have been wanting to do for a long time. I didn't do all these in one day. This is not a compulsive decision. I thought about it for days, weeks, months, until I could really have a final decision. I do not want to surprise myself with something that I have decided then in the end I would just throw it all away.
Right now, I am so motivated to trim down my weight and loose all those extra baggage... ehem... I mean extra fats in my body. I want to be toned and come on lets be real here... SEXY :D